October 30, 2006

Boo at the Zoo

Those of you who know me well, know how much I LOVE Halloween! Every year growing up I had a Halloween party for my birthday and my parents always went all out. My dad used to take us trick-or-treating on an old fire truck that he had, and one year my parents created an entire haunted house in one of their rent houses for all of my friends to go through. My grandmother even got in on that act, stirring witches brew outside in a really scarry mask!

So, this year we went to Boo at the Zoo with Scott. I'm pretty sure that he had fun, but Heath and I had a complete blast. I think that's what makes us the most excited about parenting - we actually have an excuse to go to fun kids things! Scott LOVED the monkey exhibit (oh, oh, oh) and really liked the naked mole rats - yes there really is such a thing.

I've put some pictures below. We went into a big cage where you got to feed the birds. One landed on Heath's shoulder and scared us to death. Scott also really liked the fish in the big tank.

I hope you guys have a wonderful Halloween - stay safe!

No comments: