June 19, 2009

Brothers

As I read through the 90-Day Challenge and am in the midst of Genesis and the story of Joseph, I am thinking a lot about brothers. Their interactions with each other, their love for each other, their (gasp) competition with one another.

God calls us to love one another, but why is it often the hardest to like those closest to us? I'm sure my kids will have their spats and each one will be unique, which might cause a rub with another's uniqueness, but for now, they seem to love just being brothers.

To my delight, I walked in on this scene the other morning when I went to get the boys for breakfast. Two brothers and a monkey... the third would have been in the chair too, he just hasn't figured out how to climb up there yet!


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Awwwww....that's sweet!