June 22, 2009

Not Me Monday

Join McMamma and the rest of us as we confess our unsuccessful attempts to be the perfect mom. What types of things did you not do this week? Come on, the truth will set you free...

I did not have to call OnStar to unlock my car. I do not regularly leave the keys in the ignition of my car while it's parked in the garage, so it wouldn't be a common occurrence that the keys are locked in. Of course, if I would have had to call OnStar to unlock my car, I would have never told the person on the phone, "No, my children are locked out of the car with me - it might be safer if they WERE locked in!"

I'm not so cheap that I often make my own dishwasher soap. It's a simple recipe, so I could have never messed it up: one part soap to 10 parts baking soda. So, I would have been totally surprised to walk into the kitchen and find this:

And it would have never happened because I was too sidetracked to remember to add the baking soda. And, if this ever would have happened in my house, I wouldn't have just used the soapy mess on the floor as a means to sock mop the entire kitchen.

Speaking of sidetracked, I most certainly did not deliver my Bible to the dry cleaners along with the dirty laundry. I'm so well organized that I never would have just tossed my Bible in with the clothes so that it all made it to the car - allowing me to read while my kids napped in the back seat after speech camp - and then forget to remove said Bible resulting in the dry cleaners calling a bit confused wondering if I wanted the cover cleaned. So not me!

While at the lake house, and sans door knob covers, my husband did not devise this plan of attack for keeping E. Stone in his room during nap time. I would never allow something like this to happen!



And, after said knob stringing incident, I did not take a break by putting my feet in the sand box and pretending I was on a beach somewhere far, far away. Not me!

4 comments:

Those Dandy Dillards said...

That door knob contraption is very Heath - I love it!

And you are a blogging queen... I am so behind with being gone last week!

candicehale said...

I love the door knob contraption but what is even better is that Ethan is still napping!

Rebecca said...

That is great! Thanks for the smiles!

Unca Marc said...

Ahhh, Heath, Papa Innovation, Daddy MacGruber... makeshift solution with a smile. Wouldn't expect any less.