September 23, 2009

Fall is here... bring on the pumpkins

I love fall. The cooler weather, the pumpkins, the scarecrows, my birthday... I even like the start of school - I have a bit of a love affair with routine. Yesterday was the official start of fall which, here in Texas, usually means nothing to the weather.

This year, the weather took a hint from the calendar and we did get a cool spell. How wonderful it is to sit with the windows open and enjoy being outdoors after 11 a.m! To fully celebrate the start of my most favorite season, I tagged along with a good friend to the arboretum. A good friend who happened to have a membership and was willing to share, making our day totally free aside from gas - LOVE those friends!

It's hard to photograph such cute little people and fully capture the day when, in all actuality, you are running constant head counts and trying not to lose any blue-eyed babies, but I gave it my best shot. Warning: if you don't enjoy numerous photos of Chambers boys, stop reading now!

Our arboretum is doing a playhouse exhibit this year. Stone loved this, but was a little confused by the doors...None of them would open. Not to worry, there are TONS of pumpkins to keep us busy!Holden crawled right in and fully enjoyed himself. I don't think he tasted any pumpkins, but he loved rolling them.Such a handsome man posing for the cameras. Who would guess that we photograph our children often?

There was an attempt made at a group photo, but it didn't go over too well. Partly because Cash cried...But mostly because Stone was too busy chasing squirrels to join us.At another playhouse shaped like a boat, Cash thought he spied a "Daddy" on the horizon. The man actually looked a lot like Heath (brown hair, solid polo, khaki pants and dress shoes), but it wasn't him. Can you see the excitement in his eyes? These boys LIVE for their daddy!Just in case I was totally lying to him, Cash crawled up way high on the front of the ship to check the poor man out - all whilst yelling "Daddy, Daddy!" at the top of his lungs. I don't blame him, it was worth a try!After a picnic lunch, it was time to load up and head home... except, that's not our wagon. Hmmm...

A huge thank you again to Amy and Elizabeth for taking us on such an amazing adventure this morning. Especially sweet Elizabeth (3) who shared her wagon, hugged Cash when he cried and saved him (using a full mommy diaper grab) from falling into the waterfall when he tried to get a closer look. What can I say? My kids have spunk!

1 comment:

Anna said...

That looks like a perfect day! I had my bridal pics at the arboretum in Oct. I lovelovelove fall and pumpkins, so it was awesome!