January 17, 2010

The Big Reveal

After a month-long construction, we're all settled back in and so excited to be enjoying our new (same, but much better house). We've been in for a week now and the house is proving to be much more efficient for our family's needs. Just what we needed!

Here's my super functional new laundry room. Hidden behind this amazing built-in is a high capacity washer/dryer with above cabinet storage. I have room to fold and sort clothes on top of the front-loaders which works out great for me. Before, this room was a large storage closet desperate for a designated purpose. I always used it as a mudroom of sorts since it was off the garage entry. Now, it serves dual purpose as a mudroom/laundry. Perfect!

The boys now share a suite of sorts, connected by a Jack and Jill bath. For now, Holden is sleeping in the blue room (above) and the big boys are in the red room (below). Holden has had a bit of trouble napping lately, so he was best to be separated out. All three of the beds are the same and the bedding coordinates. I really wanted them all in one room, but alas, it was just too small to configure all of the furniture.

Our bedroom, aside from new carpet, changed very little, with the exception of this amazing new piece of furniture, which I LOVE. It's on loan from our neighbors, who didn't have a place for it in their house right now. I love the retro feel and it's nice to have a girly place that's all mine in this macho house!

The new living room is amazing! We took out the ugly white carpet and laid Satillo tile throughout the house (aside from the bedrooms). Everything now flows seamlessly together and cleanup of spilled milk is a breeze! We also reconfigured the furniture to center around our newly restored fireplace. Before it was white painted brick with a very formal white mantel. Now, it's a beautiful flagstone with a contemporary, yet rustic, mantel. I love how everything now centers around the fireplace.
The kitchen was the biggest part of our re-do. The window in this picture used to be in my laundry room. We took the wall out, moved the laundry room back and I got a kitchen that is close to twice the size of the "before." I can't even begin to describe to you how well this functions for us.

We also opened the kitchen up to the living area, so now the kitchen, dining room and living room flow seamlessly together - all with the matching tile.

Here's an in progress shot of the kitchen. The greenish color you see was in the laundry room, just to give you a better idea of how we opened the space up.

The dining room got new tile floors, which have been amazing. We had white carpet in the dining room before and, as you can likely tell from the highchairs, this is the place where we eat the majority of our meals. It's now a functional space for us, which I love. Someday, we'll add a rug under the table, but for now, being able to practically hose the floor down after the boys eat is amazing!
Last but not least, hubby's new office off the kitchen. This room turned out great for him. Truly a corner office with the bay windows encircling. We're so blessed that he's now working from home!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks so amazing and we are ready to move in! The vanity is ALL YOURS-not on loan-use it well! It is perfect where it is and I am so glad that you love it.
-Barrett

Tammy Stone said...

Congrats on the remodeling! The house looks great, I am very happy for all of you.
Love,
Aunt Tammy

TheRielThing said...

I LOVE your house! I love the paint colors, I love how organized everything is and I Love your furniture and I totally feel ya on the carpet in the dining room issue... If we weren't moving again so soon I'd rip the carpet out of ours, ugh. Great job on the remodel, Beautiful Home!

Anna said...

Everything looks wonderful! I'm sure it's so nice to have it all complete and resettled. What a blessing!

Jenna said...

looks great, my friend.....so happy for you!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow britt everything looks amazing!! Its crazy how different it looks from the last time I was there but I LOVE it!! :D