August 30, 2010

Monday Morning Madness

Welcome to Monday Morning Madness... a little bit of free therapy offered by the amazing MckMama. If you want to read more Not Me's, just head on over to her site. It's a lot of fun and it will make you feel a whole lot more normal, promise!

So this week I did not decide to do potty training boot camp with Holden and Analeigh. They are way too young for that, even if they are showing all of the "ready" signs. I'm not vowing to get them in underwear soon, and I'm for-sure not amazed that they will now tell me when they need to go poo poo in the potty at least half the time.


Waiting this long to even think about potty training has nothing to do with the fact that I just really wasn't ready to deal with it. Because, if Holden and Analeigh potty train before the end of this calendar year, I will have potty trained four children in the year 2010. That's crazy!

I have not spent more than $30 this week trying to figure out a way to keep my oldest son in his bed at night. There were not multiple purchases of timers to control lights, nor was there brief talk of some sort of cage apparatus (don't worry, we would really NEVER really do it!) The current option is most certainly not a light timer for the lamp in his room that even I can't figure out!

Since we are turning our cable off tomorrow and losing our DVR (more about this in a later post), I did not tell Stone that he could watch as much Curious George off the DVR as he wanted during nap time today, just so he could get his fill. And since he watched George for the entire two-hour nap time, there is no way that I didn't finish my entire to-do list by the time Holden woke up, so I never would have had to witness this series of events, just so I could finish doing what I needed to do!















Yep, that's Holden eating hummus straight out of the container!

So what did you not do this week? Do you have me beat?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

we tired the no cable/dvr for a while last summer. We are much better about limiting our tv time now, but I missed it during those cranky times (sara or me!)

Dawn said...

I love to read your posts :-) Do you make your own hummus? I started making my own a few months ago - as well as pita bread to eat it with because I'm too cheap to pay for it... haha And I started making babaganoush, which we actually prefer to hummus (same thing as hummus but eggplant instead of chick peas). Have you tried it? It's yummy!

Anna said...

Wait, is it bad to eat hummus out of the container? :-P My favorite hummus trick - if you use peanut butter instead of tahini you'll never know the difference! (I read this on a blog and it was GREAT because I always have peanut butter on hand.)

Mommy2Four said...

I lived with a DVD player only for a long time..... I'd have trouble getting everyone to sign onto it now though, that the kids are older!