February 17, 2011

Things I'm Reading

It's been a while since I last posted a Things I'm Reading list, so this one's a bit on the long side.  Sorry, but I don't want you to miss out on anything good!

- This post from Life as Mom does a great job explaining freezer cooking and how to start.  I've gotten lots of questions about my batch cooking and this comprehensive post answers them all... and then some!
- I can't wait to read this book.  Since I come from a non-boy family, having ideas about how to best pray for my boys as they grow is such a blessing!
- I love this reminder that parenting isn't a one-fit solution.  When you're dealing with kids with special needs, those solutions become even more difficult to find.
- This list of educational computer games for kids is super!
- For me, working at home was a disaster.  Of course, I still do a bit of consulting work, and write this blog, but really working and trying to be a good mom wasn't a good fit.  I was so happy to read this post and see that I'm not alone.

I've also started listening to The Hunger Games through Audible.  Great book!

What's on your list?

3 comments:

Those Dandy Dillards said...

Yay for Hunger Games! Enjoy!

Those Dandy Dillards said...

Ok - another comment - thanks for the link to the educational computer games. I know my kids will love them! I had been looking for some new good sites to point them to. Thanks!

Kristalyn said...

thx for the linky love on our computer games. :)
i love reading your posts. i am a bit behind but i save yours till i have time to really soak them in. i love your humor. real, right to the heart of the matter, humor.
i have heard great things about The Hunger Games. i haven't read them but think now that at least 5 people have said how great and addicting they are, maybe i should pick them up at the library next time.