March 28, 2011

Things I'm Reading

There are some good reads on the web this week!

- I loved this new unit from Homeschool Creations.  We planted our garden over spring break and can't wait to use it with this unit to welcome spring!
- If you want to laugh until you cry, read this.  And don't forget to read through the comments too...they are just as funny!
- I've never really thought of pumpkin as anything other than a sweet dish, so I'm excited to try this recipe for Pumpkin Ricotta Stuffed Shells.  My kids love pasta, but this will definitely be a different taste for them.
- This post so spoke to me.  Sometimes the mundane everyday tasks are the only way I get away to think.  It's become therapeutic to me.... glad to know I'm not alone!
- I'm passionate about car seats, so when the American Academy of Pediatrics FINALLY updated their guidelines last week I meant to write about it, but I never got around to it.  Heather's post here, has just the right about of information and snark, if I would have gotten around to writing one, this is what I would have written.  Sidenote: I kept Holden rear-facing until just recently (at two-and-a-half), you can see a little glimpse inside our car here.
- Another foster-care post that I think is a must read can be found here. Amy does a great job of illustrating the cycle of the system and the desperate need that kids have.

What great blogs and posts have you read this week?

No comments: