August 17, 2011

It's all new

This move is the first time I've moved without a job, without a built-in network, with kids. It's all new, and it is taking me a while to figure it out. It's harder (for me at least) not having a job to go to and use as an outlet for meeting people, but we're working on it!

We went to the library today and the park yesterday. We met some people in both places and I gave everyone my phone number, like a speed dater. I've also researched some women's Bible studies for the fall and I think I have a couple of leads.


We're getting pretty settled at the new house, so that helps a lot. Of course, the boys have totally taken the move in stride. They love their new house and are very comfortable there.


Very, very comfortable!


I know we'll settle in just fine, but for now it's all new. It's not the old house I miss at all, it's the people, the connections, my best friend living right behind me. Those things aren't going to be recreated over night, maybe not ever.


But this move is such a good thing for our family, and I'm excited about the new. A chance to try new things, grow, meet new people and have new adventures!

No comments: