November 16, 2011

About last night...

Last night was yummy, and full of nutrition. Everything was fresh and everything was gobbled up. It looked like this (excuse the iPhone pictures)....


Cooking fresh does take a little bit more prep time, but I actually enjoy being in the kitchen, so it's not a big deal to me. Fresh soup, homemade bread....that's worth every extra second in the kitchen. Hands down.

I used this recipe for the butternut squash and apple soup. I used whole raw milk in place of the low fat half and half, other than that everything was as written. The kids LOVED it! I know you can find already peeled and cubed butternut squash in most produce sections. That would be a big time saver, but, I went the old fashioned route...


The homemade potato bread was from this recipe. I switched out the bread flour for a GF blend, and it turned out perfect. The recipe makes two loaves, we ate one at dinner and I made eggs in a hole for breakfast with the second loaf. I also plan on using this recipe to make rolls for Thanksgiving. That's a lot of bang for your buck!

What's been on your plate lately? The boys and I would love some new recipes!

No comments: