January 11, 2006

Creamy Chicken Lasagna

When Cash arrived, my good friend Kim brought me a chicken lasagna.  She wouldn't give me the recipe, but said she'd always make it for me.  I joke that that's why I had Holden!  She still won't give me the recipe, but I did some internet searching and trials and came up with this.  It's not "it," but it's close!


Ingredients:
Box of lasagna noodles
3-4 plum tomatoes, quartered
1 pound chicken breast, boiled and shredded (reserve cooking water to make stock)
onion
2-3 tbs. of butter
3 tbs. flour
1.5 tsp dried tarragon
1 tsp basil
1 cup chicken stock
1.5 cups heavy cream
3 carrots, sliced
2 tbs parsley
3/4 pound mozzarella cheese

To make:
Preheat oven to 375.  Saute onions in butter, add flour and stir in dried herbs.  Slowly add in stock and cream and boil one minute.  Add carrots and cook for an additional five minutes.  Stire in tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.  In a 9x13 pan, layer sauce with noodles and top with cheese.  Top with a noodle layer and a generous sprinkle of cheese.  Cover in foil and bake at 375 for 40 minutes.

No comments: