January 24, 2006

Spaghetti Carbonara

Growing up I had a best friend named Kate who I spent countless hours with.  We practically lived at each other's houses.  Her mom was an amazing cook, and her NaNa was the best baker I've ever known.  I think I learned the majority of my kitchen skills from the two of them.  That's why this recipe is so special to me.  I can't make it and not think of Kate's mom Diane!


Ingredients:
½ pound bacon
2 egg yolks beaten
1 box rigatoni
½ - 1 cup red wine
Parmesan cheese

To Make:
Fry bacon until just cooked, not crisp.  Add wine to stop the cooking and let simmer 15 minutes while pasta boils.  Drain pasta (do not rinse) and mix immediately with egg yolks (this cooks the egg to the pasta).  Add bacon and wine mixture and parmesan cheese and stir to coat.

No comments: