June 26, 2008

Day Two...Operation Big Boy Bed

E. Stone is still doing great in his big boy bed! He slept well there last night and went down for a nap there today. Both times he fussed a bit before going down, but never tried to get out. He's actually taking a stellar nap today - 2.5 hours and still sleeping - so I crept in there and took a picture.
Take special notice of all of the toys stacked in the corner of the "pillow wall." E can't sleep without his rainforest crib toy, but we ran into a problem with bed sleeping because there isn't anything to hook it too. Solution? Strap it to a pillow and place it in the corner. I think it's so funny that he's attached to a hard crib toy and not a soft, cuddly blanket! Don't worry, we've already registered for a new rainforest crib toy for Holden so they won't have to share...

I hear some stirring in the other room... better run and get my great napper!

4 comments:

AJH said...

This is something that we are thinking about starting with Ada Grace...not sure how it will go!

Anyway, I am still praying about how to respond to your email. There are so many emotions involved with the situation that I need to pray about it before so I am careful about my words!

Unknown said...

love that rainforest crib soother. I was actually the idiot who did not notice blaring, huge pictures of scissors with a circle and slash through them -- meaning do not cut these straps to get the thingy out of the packaging. Guess who is brilliant? Me! So if having one with two cut straps could help any let me know!

ASC said...

How awesome that it is going so well! We have not made the move yet, as you know....but you had a wide open window of opportunity - very awesome! We are addicted to the Ocean Wonders Aquarium here - when we travel, I've rigged all kinds of ways for it to be in pack n plays and on beds. I am sure we will be doing the same thing when we make the move! Too funny.

Those Dandy Dillards said...

Glad to hear about a successful naptime! Looking so forward to this weekend :)