August 18, 2008

Happy anniversary to two of my boys!


Today is a very special day for me - it's Cash's one-month anniversary home as well as Heath and my six year wedding anniversary. As with most "kid things" time is pretty relative. I look at Cash sometimes and it seems like he hasn't been here a wink, but most of the time it feels like he's been here forever. He fits into our family so well and brings us such joy - I can't imagine my life without my boys! God performed such special miracles in building our family and each day I look with wonder and amazement at the fact that they are here, that I have a husband who was willing to go along on this crazy foster-to-adopt ride and that we are all so happy, bonded and well connected.

Heath and I were married six years ago in a beautiful ceremony at Delaney Vineyards in Grapevine. We were young and there were probably a lot of people who thought we were pretty silly for getting married while we were both still in school and had no jobs. Looking back, it probably wouldn't have worked for everyone - and I probably wouldn't tout a big banner that getting married young is the best thing to do - but, for us marriage came at just the right time.

Heath's sense of committment to us, his love for me and our boys and his intense spirit of joy run through our house and make it what it is. I honestly wouldn't be the same person without him and know that I am a better person because of him. He gives me the tools I need to be an amazing mother and has supported me in every adventure that I've come up with - grad school, adoption, pregnancy, house repairs - you name it, he's right there with me.

I know my boys will be amazing fathers, husbands and men because they have an amazing example of God's love in their father. They know more than anything that they are loved and supported through anything, just as I do. I've never once looked in my husband's eyes and seen disappointment, just opportunities to boost me in ways I didn't know were imaginable. I think God daily for my amazing gift - my husband and my best friend.

5 comments:

AJH said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary guys and Brit, you are right Heath is an amazing person but so are you. I am proud to have both of you in my family. All 3 of the boys are very lucky to have you for parents. Good Luck on the 20th, I can not wait to meet the newest member of our family.
Love Aunt Tammy

Kylee said...

Thanks so much for the link to your church sermon. I will be listening to it as soon as I get a chance!

I completely understand what you mean by God building families together through adoption. It is amazing to see how he knits families together. I look at my two little adopted brothers, and can't imagine life without them. So many things had to go perfectly so that we could adopt them. It is a miracle that they're both in our home today. 100% God's work and God's will.

Praying for you this week as you welcome precious little Holden into this world.

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

kelli wetsel said...

Happy Anniversary(I forgot you guys share our wedding anniversary!) to you and Heath and to Cash and the entire family!

Uyen said...

I think I've decided I want to be you when I grow up. You are so amazing. You and Heath inspire me so much to be more and do more.