June 01, 2009

Court finally finished?

Heath and I had another court date for Cash today and I think we can finally say that we are done (at least for the time being) with our court appearances. While I'm sure the judge really enjoyed seeing us SO many times in the past few months, I know he's busy, so we'll let him get on to other business.

We have the mediated agreement signed, so we are now Permanent Managing Conservators of one Cashy Cash (along with his funky bunch of brothers). It's not exactly what we wanted but it does keep him here safe and sound. We'd love to circle back and adopt him, much like with did with E. Stone last year, and that is a very likely possibility in about a year.

My favorite part of the whole day? The DA asking me during my testimony if "we were prepared to love and care for the child until his 18th birthday or later." Are you kidding? We're prepared to love and care for this guy forever! Were you going to try and stop me?

The court will take two weeks to prove everything up and then we should receive all of the paperwork and be really, truly official.

Hopefully this is the end of our career with the court system for a while... we're not the best at testifying!

1 comment:

Kylee said...

this makes me happy! we always pray when we get foster babies that they will end up in loving, christian families. I feel that you having legal guardianship over cash is the closure to the answered prayer. (did that even make any sense? i worded it kinda funny) all that to say...congrats! i'm happy for you, heath, cash and his brothers. give the little guy a hug for me! : )