September 16, 2009

What IS that?

My kids love fruit smoothies, we call them milkshakes around here, and it's something that I allow them to partake in quite often, usually daily. I make them with whatever fruits we have laying around - always a banana - add some juice or water and presto. Yummm!

Recently, we've been working with a nutritional therapist who is helping us make sure that we're getting all that we need now that we're on the GFCF diet. Our first conversation was eye opening - and I'm changing some things around here for the better!

One of her easy tips was to start spiking the kids smoothies. We've been doing this for about a week now and they have not even noticed a difference. I drink them too and can say they are quite yummy. So what was in the blender today?

- two bananas
- over-ripe raspberries
- a handful of spinach
- a peach
- a 1/2 eaten apple
- a scoop of protein powder
- Spiru-tein
- fish oil
- probiotics
- water to mix

The mixture came out looking like that scene in Fuzzbucket where the blender explodes, but I promise it tasted so yummy! Here's to your health!

Here is some info and freebees to help you as you head into the new school year: Healthy kids are smarter. Get back to school healthy savings to boost intelligence. As a free member you'll receive access to samples, coupons, and rebates from your favorite brands. http://lm.logicalmedia.com/z/11997/CD8076/

3 comments:

Anna said...

I totally remember Fuzzbucket. Wow, flashback. :) We love smoothies here, too.

ASC said...

We did green smoothies around here for a while with spinach in them - they were very good!

Leigh said...

I do that too! I do the probiotics in their juice, fish oil gummies, and love protein powder smoothies! I need to get back on the smoothies...i got burnt out on them for awhile. Good for you for doing it and adding spinach! I hate just touching it! : )