February 15, 2010

Skitzy Fun

I had the awesome opportunity to spend an early Valentines night with some amazing girls in the Teen MOPS ministry at our church.  I can't tell you enough how this ministry has grown, how it continues to bless the girls and, of course as any good service project does, how it continues to bless me.  Hearing these girls' stories, and the stories of those who are mentoring them, is awe inspiring.

As a special treat, one of the mentor moms had a great group come in to entertain us.  The Skitzy Chicks are a Christian comedy group who draw all of their material from daily life as a mom and wife. I laughed so hard and had so much fun!

To close, the Skitzy Chicks used an amazing story to demonstrate God's love and grace in a way that the girls could totally relate to.  Many of these girls were raised in homes where Christ's name was never mentioned.  I  know many of them now have a concrete visual of His love for them, and a concept of grace that is otherwise so hard to demonstrate.

If you go here you can view some of their videos, but be prepared to laugh!  Of course, since we're potty training, my absolute favorite is the Potty Sketch.  You can also view the Skitzy Chicks' weekly video blog on their Facebook page - I'm always in need of a good laugh!

Don't forget the give-away!  There's still time to enter by clicking here.

2 comments:

Tammy Stone said...

I just watched all of them and they were hilarious!

Dena said...

I came across your blog and love your adoption story. I have also adopted from foster care and it was such a miracle.

You have a beautiful family.