April 09, 2010

Freebie Friday

I'm back at it... my backlog of coupons has been organized and I hit the drugstores again this week to score my finds.  I don't have a picture, but I do have a list!

Walgreens:
Two packs Oscar Mayer Ready-To-Serve Bacon
One Starbucks Frappuccino
One Dawn Dish Liquid soap
Two cans of Lindsey's Olives
On pack of U by Kotex pads
Three Oral B Cross Action toothbrushes

Grand Total:  $1.25

CVS:
One Schick Hydro Razor
One Renu Complete Multi-Purpose Solution
One Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste
One Pantene Shampoo
One Pantene Conditioner

Grand Total: $1.00

There is a great series over at Money Saving Mom right now (my personal list source) about couponing.  I would suggest that anyone who thinks that couponing isn't for them check this series out before you totally write it off.  For us, couponing is one of the main avenues that allows me to stay home.  It helps me meet my budget every month and, coupled with meal planning, has made our monthly total of feeding two adults and four kid-os more on par with that of a single person.

After weeks of neglect, my coupon stash was in dire need of organization.  But, even with that extra bit of effort needed, it only took me 40 minutes to find and organize the coupons for this week's shopping trip.  I did my runs late at night (sans kids) and got both stores covered in 30 minutes.  By my estimation, I saved earned close to $45 in my little more than an hour's worth of time working.

No comments: