January 04, 2011

Things I'm Reading

Things I've been reading this week and found interesting...

To the Woman with the Autistic Child at Walmart - a great post about understanding others and encouraging those around  you.
My Goals for 2011 - Practical advice for setting personal and family goals.  Heath and I sat down last night to go over some of our goals for 2011 (which I will be sharing with you).  This post came at a perfect time!
The Out-of-Sync Child - Heath and I are reading this together, and enjoying the information we're finding.
Cheddar Coins, Homemade Corn Chips and Homemade Baking Mixes - One of my goals (spoiler to upcoming post) is to use less processed foods.  These recipes look to be keepers!
More Vegtables, Less Packaged Food - This is what we're working on in 2011 too!
Tots on a Mission: Kenya - I love this new series on Totally Tots!  Heath and I would love for the boys to grow up to be global thinkers and helpers, this is a great tool!
Snowball Cookies - Heath was just saying how much he loves these... I've never made them, but am happy to try!

I've had a couple of people ask how I decide what to feature.  It's super simple and highly non-scientific... I read a lot of blogs and just star the ones that I find particularly helpful, interesting, of note, etc.  I'm not compensated in any way by blog owners, authors or publishers.  This is just my list.

I figure you read my stuff, you might like this stuff.  We have to have something in common, right?

2 comments:

Paul and DeeDee said...

Yay! February over here is at going to be Cook from Scratch Month for obvious reasons:) Hope to learn a lot from your blog about cooking with less processed foods!

Jessica @ FiveInSix said...

I LOVE the Tots on Mission! I've never seen that site before, but it looks great. Thanks for the heads up! :-)

~ Jessica H