February 15, 2011

Batch Cooking

I usually cook and post my batch cooking and meal plans on Sunday.  Today is Tuesday.  Sorry!

I have a really good excuse for not getting it all done on Sunday.

Really I do!

Want to hear?

Wait for it....

It was too pretty outside to cook! (please read this in the Disney Land "I'm too excited to sleep!" commercial voice)

Really, it was.  We had been stuck inside for so so long during our freak Texas blizzard.  The weather this week is in the 70s, sunny and GORGEOUS!

But, I did finally get the cooking done.  It was a lighter cook, but my freezer is still pretty full, so a huge batch cooking day wasn't really needed.  Here's what I made this week:

- two Spaghetti Pies
- a double batch of Lemon Blueberry Scones
- two steaks marinaded for Grilled Steak Gyros, along with Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- two King Ranch Chicken casseroles (I'm so excited about this recipe!  We LOVE King Ranch Chicken, but my old recipe called for a whole block of Velveeta... this one is much more natural)
- Artisan bread starter

I've made my own bread for a while now, always using a sourdough starter.  It's something my Mother-in-Law used to do with Heath and they called it Monster Bread because you had to feed it every day and then as it rose it grew like a monster.  It's fun!  I am excited to try my hand at an Artisan starter - I've heard good things!

Here's our menu for this week... you'll see some repeats from last week.  We wound up with some extra left-overs, so the tacos and breakfast for dinner didn't get made according to plan.

Monday: Valentines Day!
Tuesday: Neighbor Dinner
Wednesday: Meatloaf leftovers
Thursday: Tacos
Friday: Spaghetti Pie
Saturday: Pizza Out after Cash's party
Sunday: Breakfast for Dinner

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yum! I hadn't seen lifeasmom's steak gyros before...will have to try that! Thanks for sharing! :-)