March 02, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

We are in love with Dr. Seuss books and The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That book series. Our current favorite is Oh Say Can You Say Dinosaur?

But, I'll have to admit that I let Dr. Seuss's birthday slip past me. I already have our lesson plan written for this week, so (aside from the possibility of a few green eggs thrown on a dinner plate tonight) we'll probably be skipping the festivities.

But that sure doesn't mean you have to!

Jill Dubien shares some amazing ideas for a Cat in The Hat inspired day here. Aren't those snacks amazing?

Last year, we had a lot of fun with The Cat in the Hat, making pizza, eating green eggs and cuddling up with our favorite books. Gosh, those pictures make me realize how big my kids are now...

I don't want you guys to miss out this year because of my bad planning!

What are you up to today? Celebrating?

1 comment:

Anna said...

Fun! I make scrambled eggs with spinach fairly often. I bet if you blended the spinach a bit it would make healthy green eggs. (or maybe it would make them look gross, I don't know.) I always just chop or tear the baby spinach leaves and throw them in the pan when I pour in the eggs.