April 11, 2011

Batch Cooking

Over the past couple of days I hunkered down and got some cooking done.  It wasn't one of my usual Sunday cooks, but the job got done.  I haven't had the chance to cook for a while, but I had to squeeze it in... I did my last cook a long while back and the freezer was starting to get empty!

We've also moved back to gluten-free eating due to some issues with the big boys... so I've listed modifications in the notes below.

A lot of what I made were new recipes, which I'm so excited to try!  Here's the listing:
- Pizza Crust (4)
- Pumpkin-Ricotta Stuffed Shells (2) (I used brown rice pasta for this, the large shell shape was hard to find)
- Pea Pesto (2)
- Sour Cream Noodle Bake (3) (I used quinoa for this one)
- Carrot and Broccoli Orzo (3) (quinoa again, but I think I'll try it next time with just plain brown rice)
- Lasagna (I made this batch gluten-free with polenta)
- Cheesy Chicken Taquito Bake
- Three Cheese Beef Pasta Shells (this wasn't part of my original plan, but I wound up with a ton of extra shells from the pumpkin recipe, so I used it to my advantage)

I also made a large batch of lemon bars to share and a huge vat 'o laundry soap.

I'm feeling caught up again and even have my plans and shopping list for my next cook!

If you're new to batch cooking, I suggest you drop everything you're doing and start now.  Kidding!  But seriously, if you're interested in batch cooking, check here to get some of my tips and tricks.

Our menu for this week will be as follows:
- Monday: Mini Meatloaf (having friends for dinner)
- Tuesday: Pumpkin-Ricotta Stuffed Shells (neighbor dinner at our house)
- Wednesday: Left-overs
- Thursday: Steak Chimichuri
- Friday: Corn and Cheese Enchiladas
- Saturday: Kid food night (sitter swap with friends)
- Sunday: Left-overs (MOPS date night)


For more great recipes and cooking ideas, check out these sites:

No comments: