May 08, 2011

Mother's Days



Being called Mommy is amazing... and amazingly hard, all at the same time. This blessing didn't come easy for us. It was hard fought, there were lots of tears and heartache, and it was worth every bit of the pain.

And while I love Mother's Day, my best gifts have never come on that day. It's the string of Mother's Days that are my biggest gifts. I am so blessed to have a family that is supportive of me being home with the boys. A family that is willing to sacrifice in order for me to be at home. A family that sees this as a priority.




I have to be honest though, being with them constantly isn't all sunshine and roses, there are many, many challenges. But the Mother's Days presents in these moments are always given by my husband who knows when to step in and give me a break and knows just when emptying the dishwasher and taking out the trash might just save my life.




Of course, since he is awesome, there was a Mother's Day present as well. This beautiful dress!

But I will gladly, gladly take the Mother's Days over Mother's Day. These blessings have given me so much more than any present could!



No comments: