June 25, 2011

Don't know why it took me so long....


One of the hardest things about having a food allergy is being prepared for outings.  Especially when you have kids with food allergies (Stone is now dairy and gluten free too).  I always have snacks in my bag, but I get a big, sinking feeling when another mother pulls out a plate of cookies to share at a playdate and all I'm armed with is an apple.

On the reverse, I also don't want to be the mom who always has cookies then doesn't share.

My friends who know me well are always so sweet to let me know what they'll be serving and ask if the kids can have it.  If I know what's going on ahead of time I can always bring something of my own, but baking a plate of brownies for every playdate got a bit taxing and we always wound up with extras.

So, it hit me.... freeze 'em!

I individually wrapped each brownie, then put them all together in a large zipper bag.  Now, I just pull out a few frozen ones, pop them in a bag and we're ready to roll!  Since it's hot as blazes here in Texas, I don't have to worry about waiting for them to defrost!

I don't know why it took me so long....

No comments: