July 24, 2011

Drumming

One of my favorite things about college was finally finding my niche. I realized that I didn't have to be good at everything, like everything, or take the popular stance on the latest gossip.  I realized that people outside of my high school bubble weren't all trying to be the same or scratch their way up to queen bee status.

I realized that we all have to march to the beat of our own drums to be happy...


... and I'm not waiting until college to teach this to my kids...

I want to embrace their different learning styles, likes and obsessions.  I want them to discover what they are good at, what makes them happy, then push them in that direction.

They are loved by us and loved by their God no matter what.  I want to lock that in and save their innocence. It's so hard to not let the "real world" take over, but I've got a lot of fight in me!

If you like this post, will you spread the love?  Share the link on your Facebook or Twitter pages or email the contents of this post to a friend.  Thank you!

No comments: