October 04, 2006

Yippee! Appointments scheduled!

In what I think has to be one of the fastest turn-arounds in history, our case worker called today to let us know that our home study and interview are scheduled! Home study will be next Wednesday and interview at the Gladney office will be the following Thursday. I say interview, it's more of a sit down discussion to go over everything, make sure we don't have any additional questions, talk through our options, etc. I couldn't be more thrilled with how quickly everything is happening and our case worker said we were turning everything around on our end in record time. Yeah for us - although it seemed to take forever!

Hopefully all of the review materials will be turned around quickly and then we will officially be "waiting"! We're out of town this weekend, so I'm a little stressed on the getting the house clean part for next Wednesday, but I know I can figure it out!

Heath and I both know that a lot of the moving along quickly comes from the amazing prayers that we have received from all of you. Gladney is a great agency and they are very on top of everything, but I also know that there have been plenty of "God things" along the way. Gladney told us that initial wait time from approval of paperwork to the day your home study is performed is usually a month or two and then another month passes after that for the interview. We will have both complete within three weeks. I know our calendars matched with our case worker's for a reason and that a lot of that has to do with the amazing support from all of you. Please, continue the prayers! We feel them and are so blessed that each and every one of you are with us on this journey.

4 comments:

Kellee said...

What amazing news!!! We will continue to keep you all in our prayers. Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do to help out! God is truly amazing, isn't He?

~Shelia said...

Ooh! How exciting! The anticipation and anxiety that comes before your child arrives is something you will remember, but later on you will wonder what all the fuss was about! Don't hesitate to call us, any of us, if you and Heath need anything!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast everything is moving! I am so happy for you guys! Continuing to pray for you both.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, dears! You all deserve all the swift delivery and goodness this process has to offer. I continue to keep you in my prayers. Congrats!