May 30, 2008

I've been tagged!

My good friend Amy tagged me, so here goes!

Favorite person (outside family)? All of my friends who are just like family to me, I really can't name them all, but don't know what I would ever do without them!

Favorite food? I love hot tea and am really missing my wine drinking days. Also, Mexican food!

Quirks about you? I have to have everything neat and hate when things get moved around. My amazing husband deals with this well, but I wind up getting angry often because things aren't in their place. I wish I could let it go... believe me I tried!

How would the person who loves you most describe you in ten words or less? Hopefully as supportive and caring as well as a good mother.

Any regrets in life? Not going on a study abroad trip. When else will I ever get to spend months on end backpacking through a foreign country?

Favorite Charity/ Cause? Anything that has to do with family violence, but specifically CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates).

Favorite Blog recently? I love reading all of my friends blogs and keeping up. Also, I completely addicted to http://www.celebrity-babies.com/.

Something you can’t get enough of? (I'm going with Amy on this one) Time with my family ... and sleep!

Worst job you've ever had? I'm lucky in this department, I've pretty much liked everything I've done, although there were a few families I would have rather NOT nannied for.

What job would you pay NOT to have? Cleaning public restrooms!

If you could be a fly on the wall, where? Martha Stewart's kitchen. Does she really make all of that stuff?

Favorite Bible verse right now? Psalm 119:109, "God's word is a lamp under my feet and a light onto my path." I often struggle with God's timing and this reminds me that he's always with me and his timing and plans for me have no flaw.

Guilty Pleasure? Taking an afternoon nap when there isn't too much work to do, and the aforementioned http://www.celebrity-babies.com/.

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it? Vacation with my husband.

Favorite thing about your house? That it's one story and spread out.

Least favorite thing about your house? That it doesn't clean itself.

One thing you are bad at? Taking time away.

One thing you're good at? Writing

If you could change something about your circumstances, what? If you would have asked me a year ago, I could have given you a long list, but right now, there isn't anything.

Who would you like to meet someday? My husband's grandmother - the original Nanny, who I have heard so much about and who set a precedent of love that continues through our family.

Who is your real life hero? My husband - who holds down a job that I know he'd rather not do and has supported me through every hairbrained idea that has come up.

What is the hardest part of your job? (I agree with Amy) the balancing act.

When are you most relaxed? With my family, when we don't have a lot of plans. Also, when I'm walking. Being outside makes me slow down a bit and relax.

What stresses you out? I listed it above, but when things aren't where they belong or put away. Clutter in general really makes me stressed.

What can you not live without? A central family calendar, order and my family and friends.

Why do you blog? It started as communication to let others know about our adoption process, now it's an outlet for me to share thoughts and a way to communicate with friends and family.

Who Am I Tagging? Amanda, Jennifer and Jenna

No comments: