October 20, 2009

What's for dinner?

Earlier I mentioned a new peanut butter recipe, turned out it was so close to the Thai Chicken that I make that it's not worth taking the extra steps. Sorry for the downer!

But, I won't leave you empty handed... I bet you could even make this for dinner tonight, the ingredients are things I typically have on-hand:

Three C's Chicken
Chicken breast
Cinnamon
Cumin
Chili powder
Olive oil
(don't ask me measurements, measuring utensils are used solely for baking around here - I just throw stuff in until it looks right)

Mix the three C spices together with the olive oil to form a paste, coat chicken and cook in crock pot all day on low, or in oven at 350 for 30-45 minutes. I tend to go the crock pot route to maximize nap time, and because I have a love affair with my crock pot. If you too love this little gadget, you might just head here to download a cookbook with some new recipes. Yum!

People always ask how I get things done with three little ones, my short reply is that I run them ragged. My boys are always hard at play, so when they fall (naps, bedtime), they fall hard. The last two days have been great nap days, so my house is clean, I'm caught up on laundry and dinner is ready to go as soon as Heath walks in the door. Speaking of Heath, having a loving, supporting husband who doesn't mind helping around the house is my ultimate secret weapon!
Stone's new favorite way to burn off the energy is pulling his brothers in the wagon. The kid can go for miles, literally, and he loves every minute of it! Recently, we put the little boys to work at the art fair. They chipped and chipped this block until they had nothing left. The whole time they were working on hand-eye coordination, learning life skills like sharing and having fun. Activities like this are a great win-win!

If you want to know more about what our daily schedule looks like, be on the look-out for the November issue of Dallas Child. They are running a story on our family, complete with our full daily schedule. Want a spoiler? I save time doing laundry by washing at least a load a day consisting of all of the clothes we wore the day before. I don't sort by color and I've never had a problem. Whatever works, right?

Last but not least, congratulations to Amanda! She guessed correctly, Jam Pack Jam is an amazingly fun game, to which she will now be the owner... it pays to hang out with us, people!

3 comments:

~Shelia said...

Whatever works is right! Around here we have a chore chart, and my kids have responsibilities...because they live here too! It is a simple system, one that I'm hoping to add Sully to soon (although in a very limited capacity.)

And I heartily agree that the more active they are during the day, the more ready they are for bedtime!

Way to go Mama!

Anna said...

I've never really sorted laundry... Sometimes if it's a brand new shirt I'll try not to put it with lots of light colors. But then we don't wear a lot of white so I don't care if it's "dingy." :) Can't wait to read about y'all in Dallas Child!

Jill Marlowe said...

Can't wait to see the Nov Dallas Child! I didn't know they were doing a story on you guys! Sounds great and I can't wait to see it.