December 18, 2011

Advent Crafting

We've had a lot of fun sharing Advent with our friends the last couple of weeks. It was really important to me to share this part of our beliefs with others, and I have been so blessed over the years to find a variety of curriculums that makes sharing the tenets of this season understandable for kid-os!

I didn't get many pictures the first week, but I promise we had fun! We read through the parable of the three trees and made a few trees of our own to take home:





I was a little bit better at capturing the fun in action this week. We read the story of Jesus' birth and talked a lot about the wise men and the gifts they brought the special newborn king. To celebrate the story, we made orange clove decorations:


The kids did a great job poking and decorating the oranges and we had a lot of fun hanging out and having friends in our home!


We also did some great fine motor work...


It is always my prayer that our home can be use to bless others, and these playdates are just one way to do it!

We're off to make loads of Chai Tea Cookies and Chocolate Zucchini muffins today... Because baking is ALWAYS a fun Christmas activity!

No comments: