December 17, 2011

Chai Tea Cookies

You know me, I like things simple, but with a little bit of pop. There's got to be some whimsy, a little bit of, "does that really belong there?" to get my motor running.

So... There aren't a lot of sugar cookies in this house. There. I said it. Sugar cookies are boring.

We love peanut butter cookies, but they aren't good for cut outs. What could we do that could cut like a sugar cookie but have a bit of oomph?

How about adding some Chai tea? Ohhh, I like tea!

I absolutely love the flavor of these cookies. They have a gingerbread feel because of the spices, but the are much lighter, and require a lot fewer ingredients.

We wrapped a bunch up for our teachers and enjoyed a lot of dough for ourselves!

Chai Tea Cookies
makes 2 dozen cut-outs
2 cups GF flour blend (or 2 cups all purpose flour)
1/2 cup succant (or sugar)
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
2 bags of Chai tea leaves - cut the bags open and throw the leaves in
1 tsp of vanilla
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter

Mix together into a stiff dough and let chill. Roll out and cut into shapes. Bake at 375 for 10 mins.

Serve with lots of milk!




No comments: